Monday, October 27, 2008

Godtube.com "Broadcasting Him"


While searching for the lyrics to the Christian sunday school songs I learned as child (both for fun and to frighten my friends with their demented rhyme schemes), I came across a site called GodTube.com. 

GodTube is a "dynamic community of people who are looking to connect, share, and belong. In its simplest form, GodTube is a video-driven social network where users can explore their faith and the tenets of Christianity. So, instead of Charlie the Unicorn, we get videos on how to thrive when yoked in spiritually unequal marriages or better, clips of Billy Graham. Frankly, I'd take the porn-based derivatives of the YouTube format to this site any day.

Follow this link to watch a video on premarital sex, using the analogy of being served already-eaten food at a restaurant (well, a diner really as there is a certain socioeconomic factor that might be at work behind the making of this video, check out the drawn on eyebrows on the girl, but whatever) to illustrate the ill-effects of premarital sex. Are they trying to say no one will want to eat you if you've had premarital sex? I'm confused.

I love the analogy of virginity as the pristine burger or baked potato that you and your spouse can enjoy on your wedding night. It's not quite the imagery I would have picked to sell the holy union and consecration of love, but then Christians have always been about the carb as Spirit, what with all the breaking bread, red wine and little crackers. 

Enjoy!


 

No comments: